Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blueberries

I'm sorry, world.  I know you're obsessed with those little blue gems - sticking them into drinks, baked goods, fruit bowls, salads, cereals...  but I just can't love them like you do.  That's right, I hate blueberries.  They're weird and sour and their skin is leathery and tough.  Every year, when they're in season, I buy them for my kids.  Every year I tell myself they're not so bad.  Every year, I try one, and it's just as gross as it was last year. Either it's icky and sour, or completely tasteless.  Either way, I just can't appreciate them the way the world seems to.  So please, stop suggesting I put them in my smoothies, pies, and muffins.  Also, you can keep your blackberries.  They smell amazing, and I like the juice, but they are so seedy that I just can't stand to eat them.  Avocados, artichokes, tofu - these things I can handle; when it comes to tiny dark berries, I just can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment